Thursday, August 8, 2013

Here we go!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Austin O'Brien and I am the new Band Director and Music Teacher at Saint Patrick High School. I am very excited to be teaching at St. Pats and I'm looking forward to all the wonderful playing opportunities we will have this year. I want to tell you a little about myself.

I am a graduate of Saint Patrick High School. I attended Elmhurst College in Elmhurst, IL and received a Bachelor of Music in Music Education. During my time there, I have had many performing and teaching opportunities with concert bands, choirs, percussion ensembles, and jazz bands. I am fired up about taking this music program to new and exciting places over the next few years and I hope you are too!

I have updated all of the "Documents (.pdf)" on this blog. I recommend that all students and parents take a look at the Handbook and Calendar before school gets started so we can all have an idea of what the school year will look like. Don't hesitate to call or email me with any questions you might have. Have a great rest of your summer and I'll see all of you soon! Go Shamrocks!

Mr. Austin O'Brien
Band Director and Music Teacher
Saint Patrick High School
773-282-8844 ext. 260
aobrien@stpatrick.org

No comments: